Friday 22 February 2013

Encountering

It has been a busy week, but rewarding. The opening of the Wesca Encounters exhibition at the Dorset County Museum has provided me with some artistic inputs, a meet the artists session was very revealing and useful to better understand where they are coming from. I urge everyone to visit the show, you've got until June, but don't leave it too late.
Tomorrow we stage the first workshop as part of Encounters, John Bartholomew is masterminding a bronze casting session at the Upwey Village Hall, working with the various methods of creating the molds into which the molten metal is poured. I shall be there with my video cameras.

This evening we celebrate William Barnes' birthday - an excuse for me to play the village idiot again!

No comments:

Post a Comment