Monday 4 February 2013

EXARC and other August Bodies


I have recently joined EXARC, an international body devoted to promoting experimental archaeology, by helping both individual practitioners and institutions such as Open Air Museums.
As an experimental archaeologist, I am interested in seeking new information about particular technologioes and also finding out about how others "in the same field" behave.
I am a great believer in the aggregation of effort (management speak for the benefits of working within networks so that everybody involved gets a better deal). I have spent my life getting involved with "August Bodies", with that in mind. Sometimes I doubt my wisdom and at other times the benefits leap out at me.Let's hope EXARC turns out to be a good move.


No comments:

Post a Comment